Страници

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451
Dystopia
Ray Bradbury

Originality: *****
Writing Style: ***
Overall Rating: 3.5


I doubt someone can actually write an adequate review on this book.
It’s messyExtremely messy.
The whole time I felt like not only its society, but the main character, had nothing solid. Some would say that was the whole point; I sincerely doubt that. The main character should have had at least some sort of stability during his earlier lifestyle. 
Also, I don’t get how the whole “ban” on books happened. So people didn’t want to read books anymore and the government forbids them. Some third part interests are also involved. Then what’s the point in banning books no one reads? Dunno.

It was interesting and you can see a good character development there, but to me, it felt forced, like the author really wanted to write a dystopian novel and in his rush he wrote this. 

In spite of everything said above, I really enjoyed it. The reading flows easily and you get sucked into a world of fire once you’ve passed the somewhat awkward beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment